Wednesday, January 30, 2008

GAH!

I hate my new job! I wish I had never been promoted :(

Training for this position has been frustrating and exhausting. I didn't realize it when I took up the offer, but it's at least twice as hard as my current job. There are several more processes to run and things I'll be doing in the future are like the things I do now, only more complex and involved.

I'll be in charge of:
Invoices (A - G)
Booking domestic wires
Canadian wires (payment & booking)
Weekly check run (between 150 - 300 checks each week)

Pros:
I'll be a very integral part of the Accounts Payable team
The tasks I have are varied
The tasks I have require decision making
The job is not an entry-level position, and is somewhat specialized (I'm replacing the most senior member of our team)

Cons:
The deadlines I have range from daily to monthly (it was weekly)
High volume position (more companies' names fall between A - G than all the other letters)
Barely any "idle time" (no time to work on homework at work!)
More vendors, people, and approvals to deal with (lots more politics)

I must say that I wouldn't be able to handle this position without having had my previous experience before. Having my previous position allowed me to understand my new position much more because they were either related or they allowed me insight into my new tasks.

I'm having a hell of a time working both of my jobs while they find a replacement. But I have to just let myself deal with it. They can't expect one person to do 16 hours of work in 8 hours. I'm doing the best I can, but it still stresses me out. *sigh*

1 comment:

JK said...

Did they give a healthy bump in pay for your increased responsibilities?