Sunday, March 16, 2008

Vacation 2008 - Day 1

So my long awaited vacation is finally here, and I have only one goal - make this trip worth the $1,500 I spent on it :D I'm at the airport right now using the free WiFi and staving off hunger until I can drink on the plane. Yes, people; I will be getting my cocktail on starting at 9:30AM lol :P I figure it would be fun and glamorous to order a gin and tonic or vodka on the rocks first thing in the morning on an empty stomache :P It'd be like something out of "Absolutely Fabulous" :P

So, I'll arrive in SF around 10:45AM - then grab a shuttle to the hotel to drop off my bags. I have a lunch/museum date with an old friend from San Diego who moved to SF after he finished law school. I'll check into the hotel around 3PM and then head to the bay for my Alcatraz tour starting at 4:30PM. I'll get back on land around 7:30, which should be time for dinner ;)

After that, the world is my oyster... Who knows what could happen? ;) I might actually end up springing for the internet connection in my hotel. Why? I don't want to be trucking my sorry ass to the library every day for the free WiFi there... lol

I'm super excited and feel a brand of indepence that I've never felt before. As a woman, you often feel like you have to go with a man to protect you or at least a group of women for solidarity. It's a sort of a socially accepted co-dependence thing. By going by myself. I feel like I can do anything! Is this what men feel like everyday? :P I hope I don't get mugged. But who knows? Maybe it's just the experience I need to make this trip worth remembering! hahahahaha :P

No comments: