Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Encounters of the Fourth Kind

So, I met a guy from the internet (like I meet many of the people that have some permanence in my life) and we were flirting and getting ready to hook up. The next morning, I receive an e-mail from him notating directions to his house and how much fun this is all going to be. At the end, he includes, "I don't have use of the muscles below my knees. I use a wheelchair to get around. I hope that doesn't bother you."

We never get to that point because he sends me an e-mail saying he doesn't think it's a good idea to meet because he's "a loser that should just accept his fate." Okay. That's just really sad. Not pathetic-sad (although it IS a little pathetic) but more like "OMG! Don't feel that way! You're not a loser!"-sad. I grapple with the idea of whether it falls on my shoulders to aleve his sorrows.

Fast forward one week, and I'm driving to his house. Part of me feels like he could be a really awesome guy, another part of me feels like he might be uber-depressing, and another part of me wonders whether this is my future husband. I was actually surprised when I met him, because he was very active and seemed to not only be coping with being paraplegic, but actually mastering his circumstances. He wants to be part of the Para-Olympics (Olympics for "dudes like him") and is going to college for Mechanical Engineering.

We played Xbox360 for about 3 hours, and I actually had a lot of fun. The whole time, I was debating whether I should kiss him, or give him head, or something along those lines... But in the end, I decided that doing any of those things would just make him feel like I wanted to be his g/f or something like that, and I didn't want to lead him on, no matter how much I thought a good blowjob for a disabled person might be "giving back to the community" :P In the end, I didn't do anything - partly because I didn't want to have to break his heart later, and partly because, well, I'm just not that humanitarian. ;)

No comments: